Two train lines and over 20 trains per day served Daylesford in the 1890s
Opening in 1887 and closing in 1953, the Ballarat to Daylesford railway line ran from the North Creswick railway station northeast across Jubilee Lake to connect with the existing Daylesford-Carlsruhe (Bendigo) railway line, launched in 1880. The construction of these two railway lines was part of the railway-mania that accompanied and fed the property speculation boom of the 1880s. Every town and hamlet agitated for a railway line. They were regarded as both a symbol of progress and a passport to prosperity.
- Daylesford & District Historical Society.
- Michael Cannon, The Land Boomers, MUP (1967).
- Murrell Osborne, Timber, Spuds and Spa, Australian Railway Historical Society, Victorian Division (1978).