RIDE 28 – BARKSTEAD
Wombat State Forest.
Rideable with re-route.
Due to the June 2021 storm, some track sections are closed or impassable. Here is the re-route detail… .
NOTEs: [12.3] in text below indicates a km label on the map. Any unbracketed km is actual distance. SA = straight ahead, L – left, R – right, N – north etc
- At [4.9] L along Pinchgut Rd, R along Barkstead Rd to resume route at [6.7].
- At [9.1] SA on road N to Barkstead resuming the route as you enter the village.
- After entering Cowans Lane at [12.9], take 2nd L to rejoin Barkstead Rd.
- Head N on Barkstead Rd, keep R at triangle junction.
- Just after [14.6], take track towards dam, SA resuming route.
NEW CENTRAL HIGHLANDS WALK & RIDE CIRCUITS GUIDE NOW AVAILABLE
The new Central Victorian Highlands Walk and Ride Circuits guide is supported by full colour, large scale contour maps alongside detailed accompanying track notes, similar in style to our award-winning Goldfields Track guide. Featuring 20 walks and 10 bike rides within the Daylesford region, they explore new territory beyond the confines of the Goldfields and Lerderderg tracks. Each is short enough that you won’t need all day to complete a circuit.
Click here to visit the GDTA’s online Shop to purchase the new circuits guide.